TclMacBag - A bag of Mac widgets for Tcl/Tk
This Tcl/Tk extension allows developers to use attractive Mac styled widgets, knowing they'll be rendered platform
appropriately on other platforms like Windows and X11.
It shares Ttk/Tile's goal of a developer using one command in their code and the result appearing native on the platform it's running on.
See the Widget Shots Gallery for a sample of what's available.
- Written entirely in Tcl and isn't a hook into any operating system APIs or libraries.
- Greatly reduce the amount of platform-specific UI code.
- Easily dissectable if you only need one or two widgets from the set.
- Simple demo scripts with very easy to understand example code.
- Use with other languages that use the Tk Toolkit: eg,
Python users report that TclMacBag is
"particularly easy to install" using
- Convenience global vars for inter-widget spacing, etc, appropriate per platform.
This extension package has always been intended as a bridge. It's the author's hope to have swathes of its functionality superceded by improvements to Tk and
Ttk/Tile over time.
- Combo - Used for item selection (on Mac, a menubutton and menu; elsewhere, a read-only value combobox).
- Entry - Tile/Ttk's entry and a default popup menu for Cut/Copy/Paste, etc.
- Flatbutton - On Mac, a flat transparent button whose image darkens when pressed.
- Groupbox - Mac Groupbox widget.
- Helpbutton - Platform appropriate Help button.
- Listbox - Tk listbox widget with Tile focus highlighting.
- Scopebutton - Specify the scope of an operation, filter or sort values in a data display such as a listbox.
- Scrollbar - Tk or Ttk/Tile scrollbar, depending on Tile theme.
- Searchentry - Search entry with user image.
- Text - Tk text widget with Tile focus highlighting, and a default popup menu for Cut/Copy/Paste, etc.
- Actionbutton - Presents an 'Action' styled menubutton on Mac platforms.
- PNB - Panther (10.3+) style notebook widget, buttons with a choise of styles.
- Stylebutton - Mac style toolbar buttons with a choice of styles.
- Viewbutton - Mac style 'View' buttons with a choice of styles.
- Dbutton - A button which exposes a hidden frame of your chosing.
- Ddialog - A button which launches a choice/selection related dialog.
- Dframe - An image and label which expose a hidden frame directly beneath.
Geometry, Frames and Things:
- Boxframe - A label-free labelframe without padding.
- Colorframe - A frame with support for user colours.
- Scrolledframe - A scrolled frame with Pinstripe support.
- Toolbar - Toolbar show/hide button in your Mac window decor.
- Toplevel - A variant with Pinstripe support.
There are some Miscellaneous Resources used internally in TclMacBag which might
also be useful in your apps.
TclMacBag's files can now be found at SourceForge.